- Each team submits an Android mobile app solving the smart travel planner problem: given certain point of interests (POI), the App finds a route that visits all the given POIs and tries to minimize the overall traveling time
- 5 teams will be selected to enter the Final Event, which will be held in May at HSMC.
- Each of the selected teams will give a presentation about their Apps, covering their approaches to solve the problem and the designs to make it human-centred.
- More information (e.g., specification of the problem) can be found on the homepage of the competition.
- Secondary school students
- Each school can form at most 3 teams
- Each team consists of at most 4 students who are in S1-S6
- Each student can be in at most 1 team
- 1 Gold Award – $10,000 cash prize and a trophy cup
- 1 Silver Award – $5,000 cash prize
- 1 Bronze Award – $2,000 cash prize
- 2 Merit Awards – $1,000 cash prize
Students in the teams awarded the Bronze prize will be given conditional offers to Hang Seng Management College, without any further assessments, and possibly with the scholarship. Please refer to our homepage for more information.
Honorable Mention Awards will be awarded to teams with satisfactory performance.
Note: Awards are given based on the performance of the teams. If more than one team reaches the gold standard, more than one gold prize could be awarded.
1. Programming and technical implementation
- Objective score (the higher the better, please refer to the Problem Specifications.)
2. Human-centred design
- User interface (UI): UI is expected to be beautiful and user-friendly. It is easy and convenient to input data and views the results.
- Response time (the shorter the better). It is expected to be less than 1 sec which is a typical industry requirement.
Teams must submit the following two items via our competition website on or before the submission deadline:
- An executable Android mobile app with graphical user interface (GUI), i.e. APK file;
- A manual showing how to use the app. (For example: How input is done? How to observe the result?…etc.).
The finalist teams must conduct a 15-minute presentation in the final round of the competition on 20 May 2017.